This self-guided, COVID-safe experience is happening every Saturday in April.
Bayside Saturdays is an exciting self-guided adventure along the brand-new pedestrian and bike path on the India Basin and Hunter’s Point waterfront. It’s part of Sunday Streets SF, a community program that takes normally busy SF streets and pedestrianizes them on the weekends.
You can browse the waterfront’s businesses, new art installations, and more while enjoying free drop-in fitness classes, giveaways, live music, and small business specials! Bayside Saturdays is happening every Saturday from 10am-3pm, and all events carefully follow COVID-safe precautions. Remember to wear a mask, maintain social distance, and have fun!
- Bayview Quick Build Community murals along the walking/bike path from Black and Bayview-based artists.
- The Box Shop & Mural Project at 951 Hudson Ave, featuring 71 large-scale murals by local artists.
- Flight of Fancy steps at 859 Innes Ave, a mosaic tiled staircase by artists Aileen Barr and Colette Crutcher
Health and Wellness Spaces
- FREE drop-in fitness classes at India Basin Shoreline Park, including Intro to Tai Chi, All Levels Yoga, Zumba, and a bike class from SF Bicycle Coalition for children who want to stop using training wheels.
- FREE drop-in COVID tests from 9am-3:30pm at Now Hunters Point, 155 Jennings St.
- Wetlands Explorers Activity booklets and take-home art bags from the Eco Center and the Museum of Craft & Design. Pickup in the parking lot from 11am-2pm at 32 Jennings St/Cargo Way.
- Surfside Liquor (950 Innes Ave) is offering free Belle Noire masks with a purchase.
- Cafe Alma (888 Innes Ave) has live music from 12-2pm and outdoor dining. They’re also the meeting spot for the India Basin Neighborhood Association’s monthly beautification action, and will provide treats for people who show up to beautif Innes Ave.
- Shipyard K9 Supplies (828 Innes Ave, Suite #111) has free doggy treats and a photo contest from 11am-3pm.
- Speakeasy Ales & Lagers (1195 Evans Ave) has rotating food vendors, including Al Pastor Papi, plus a live DJ.\
- Other local businesses to visit are Posh Green Lounge (828 Innes Ave #110), Armando Luna Yoga (800 Innes Ave #11), and Bay Natives Nursery (10 Cargo Way).
Bayside Saturdays launched this month to debut the brand-new Bayview Quick Build project, which improves transportation and safety with newly installed crosswalks, painted safety zones, reduced travel lanes, protected bikeways, improved traffic signal timing, and more. Enjoy these great activities along this new and improved neighborhood space!
These weekend events on the waterfront are part of Sunday Streets SF, which enables neighbors, visitors, and members of the community to enjoy certain parts of the City in a new way by pedestrianizing certain streets on the weekends. It also drives more traffic to businesses and provides a great weekend activity for local families and friends. They also put on Weekend Walkways in Chinatown, which consists of a car-free Grant Avenue, between California to Washington Streets every Saturday and Sunday from 11am-4pm.
Visit Bayside Saturdays every Saturday in April from 10am-3pm along the India Basin and Hunter’s Point waterfront!
[Screenshot from Sunday Streets SF]
[Featured Image: @livablecity via Instagram]