Holidays at Filoli is one of the Bay Area’s most beautiful light displays, but many San Franciscans have yet to make the trip. See Woodside’s Filoli Estate & Gardens adorned in thousands of glittering lights in this experience starting Nov. 18, 2023 and running through Jan. 7, 2024.
One of the centerpieces at Holidays at Filoli is a 210-foot-long light tunnel where you’ll find yourself surrounded by sparkling lights on all sides. The gardens themselves are covered with 3,600 strands of lights, which if placed end-to-end, would stretch over 25 miles. Not to mention over 7,000 ornaments individually hung throughout the estate to bring holiday cheer during daytime hours too.
Twinkling lights will be placed throughout the gardens and lit both day and night. During the day they add a new dimension to the vibrant fall foliage, and by night they transform the gardens into the ultimate enchanted escape. The house itself will also be decked out with festive décor, holiday trees, and charming Christmas music. Enjoy sights, sounds, and scents to evoke the holiday spirit throughout the estate.
Filoli will host a series of fun seasonal events and attractions through December, including the following:
- Santa Days – Dec. 2-3, 9-10, 16-17, 21-23 – Snap pics with your kids on Santa’s lap and enjoy holiday treats.
- Private firepits – available daily – Sip on seasonal drinks beside a roaring fire pit in the garden.
- Enchanted Elegance: Holiday Tea – Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays – An exclusive tea experience in the Garden House.
- Gilded Guide: Tour with the Curator – Wednesdays – See the behind-the-scenes of how Filoli transforms for the holidays.
- Flora Party: Holiday Wreaths – Nov. 29-Dec. 1, Dec. 5-7, 12-14 – Design your own holiday wreath while enjoying mulled wine and hot cider.
- Hair of the Dog Hike – Jan. 1 – Ring in 2024 with a boozy self-guided walk through Filoli’s grounds.
Holidays at Filoli daytime tickets (10am-4pm) cost $39 for adults and $29 for children 5-17. Nighttime tickets (4pm-8pm) cost $43 for adults and $33 for children 5-17. Children under 5 get in free, and members get 20% off. Just be sure to reserve in advance.
The Filoli property covers 654 acres in Woodside. The house and garden themselves cover 16 immaculate acres, having been beautifully maintained for over a century. The gardens are unique in that they bloom all year round, thanks to seasonal planting and carefully planned maintenance by the estate’s 14 full-time horticulturalists.
You may visit Filoli at 86 Cañada Road in Woodside, CA. Be sure to experience this spectacular piece of California history aglow with holiday lights!