This lively food festival will have plenty of dishes featuring Calamansi, a sour citrus fruit similar to a kumquat.
Kapwa Gardens, a new Filipino outdoor event space in SoMa, is back this weekend with an awesome event! The lovely garden space will host Sour Pow’r: A Filipino Citrus Festival Spotlighting Calamansi on Sunday, August 29 from 12-5pm. Guests will enjoy Calamansi-forward dishes from 6 different food vendors, as well as 5 retail vendors with citrus-inspired products. Tickets are on sale now!
Here’s what you can expect to see at this citrus extravaganza:
- Jeepney Guy: Chicken nugget dishes with various Calamansi-forward marmalades.
- Sweet Condesa: Calamansi mini loaves and pies.
- Marley’s Treats: Mango Calamansi cupcakes and ube treats.
- Lady Victory: Calamansi cocktails and snacks.
- Buko Bakes: Calamansi cookies, bars, iced tea, and more.
- Yo Soy Ceviche: Peruvian ceviches
- Mandala Organic and Love + Light Wellness: Organic self-care products.
- ClarizeYale Revadavia: Hand-drawn stickers.
- Irie Apothecary: Beauty and wellness products.
- Wounded Healing Art: Handmade crystal jewelry.
- Handmade by P. Maccay: Handmade clay jewelry.
- Tito Ramon’s Pop-Up Puppet Theater: Puppet booth with short shows for kids.
$5 tickets to this ultimate citrus festival are available online or at the door after 1pm. Each ticket covers a $1 donation to Kapwa Gardens, plus 4 credits to spend on the vendors. You can also get a $10 foodie ticket which includes an exclusive Sour Pow’r Punch by Tita Pearl.
Find Kapwa Gardens at 967 Mission St in SoMa, and enjoy Sour Pow’r this Sunday, August 29 from 12pm-5pm.
Featured image: Courtesy of Kapwa Gardens