There’s a new musical festival coming to the Bay Area in May! The Mill Valley Musical Festival will celebrate music and arts at the base of Mount Tam on May 7, and tickets go on sale at 10am on February 18. The one-day, family-friendly festival will showcase a variety of genres from both local and national touring musicians.
Check out the fantastic lineup:
- Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals: Grammy-nominated Ben Harper and his band The Innocent Criminals will kick off the festival with a mix of blues, folk, reggae and rock music centering social activism.
- Lettuce: Enjoy a mix of funk, hip-hop, jazz, and soul from this Boston-based band.
- Liz Cooper: This psychedelic-folk-rock artist from Nashville brings an explosive performance.
- Los Amigos Invisibles: A Latin Grammy Award-winning trio from Venezuela with a lively disco-funk sound.
- La Doña: Bay Area-based Cecilia Cassandra Peña-Govea showcases her popular Latin-Alternative music project.
The Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce has launched this fun, boutique music festival as a way to bring more visitors to their beautiful mountain town. It will take place outdoors on the sprawling Friends Field, next to the Mill Valley Community Center. A portion of proceeds will go to local community organizations supporting youth engagement in the arts.
“There’s no doubt that these past few years have been incredibly rough for all of us,” says Jim Welte, Chamber director. “We can’t wait to celebrate the resilience of Mill Valley, Marin County, and the entire Bay Area, and the vital role the Bay plays in the vibrancy of the Golden State – all set to an amazing, day-long soundtrack of fantastic music and an abundance of incredible food, drink, and art while spending an afternoon with your best friends and ones you’ve yet to meet.”
General admission tickets start at $90, and there are discounted $25 tickets for children under 12. They go on sale at 10am on Friday, February 18 at 10am, so make sure you set your alarm!
Catch the first-ever Mill Valley Music Festival on May 7 next to the Mill Valley Community Center.
Featured image: Ben Harper and The Innocent Criminals. Credit: Evil Vince, courtesy of Mill Valley Music Festival