Every year, Bay Area hotels fully embrace the holiday season with specialized events, decorations, and more. The wine country Meritage Resort & Spa in Napa is no exception and will be bringing back its popular winter village throughout the holiday season. The winter village, fittingly called Merry Meritage is the festive wonderland complete with an ice rink, fire pits and s’mores, VIP igloos, Santa story time, and more. The village officially opens November 17, and will run through January 7.
The ice rink is a main attraction for guests at the Meritage looking to enjoy some winter fun. Guests can enjoy a beer or wine rink-side and reserve igloos and fire pits nearby. Tickets are $25 (all ages) for 90 minutes of skate time, including skate rental. The rink typically stays open until 10:00 pm, illuminated by the various string lights for a truly lovely nighttime activity.
If you’re looking for a splurge, you can rent a luxury clear igloo complete with a bottle of bubbly to toast to the holidays. The VIP experience doesn’t come cheap; a 2-hour rental starts at $250, skating not included.
For those who prefer to cozy up to a fire, the outdoor fire pits are the perfect spot to sip your drinks and make some s’mores. Fire pits for 5 guests cost $175 for 2 hours with a s’mores kit included. Like the Igloo experience, ice skating tickets are sold separately.
Upcoming holiday events
- Tree lighting (Nov. 18, 4-7pm): Watch the glittering Christmas tree get illuminated during an evening with carolers, an artisan market, and Santa visits. Admission to the lighting is free, but a reservation is required in advance. Guests are encouraged to bring a gift for the toy drive if they can.
- Santa’s Story time (Friday- Sunday Nov 18- Dec 25): Every Weekend from November 18 to December 25 you can spot Santa throughout the resort. Children and families are invited to join an afternoon story time.
- Bubbles and Blizten ( Saturdays, Dec 2-23): A sophisticated and fun way to celebrate the holidays in true Napa fashion: with some great bubbles. The event includes a tasty of three bubbles paired with classic tea sandwiches and pastries.
- New Year’s Eve party (Dec. 31, 9:30pm-1:00 am): Look forward to live performances by Entourage the Band and a balloon drop at this 21+ event to ring in the new year. The theme is “Hollywood! Lights, Camera, Action!” so get your best celebrity impression ready to pair with your fanciest outfit.
- Dining experiences: Meritage will also host several luxurious meals including a New Year’s Day Brunch, a Christmas Brunch, Thanksgiving feasts, a Tinsel Tea, and more.
Whether you want to take a spin on the ice or treat yourself to a gourmet meal, Merry Meritage has a packed schedule for the holidays. Find the Meritage Resort and Spa at 875 Bordeaux Way in Napa, accessible via I-80 East from San Francisco.