This SF orchid celebration is decades in the making! It’s not too late to grab tickets to the 70th annual Pacific Orchid Exposition, happening from Feb. 24-26 at the San Francisco County Fair Building.
San Francisco Orchid Society presents the 2023 rendition of this celebrated event with the theme of “Celebrating Diversity.” Guests will explore endless displays of orchid flowers and plants from growers across the world, as well as fun and interesting activities all weekend long. Here’s what to expect:
- Thousands of orchid flowers and plants on display from local, national, and international growers
- Judging by the American Orchid Society
- Plants for sale from SF Orchid Society members and nurseries from around the world
- Expert-led, hands-on demonstrations about orchid care and the like
- Expert advice about growing and caring for orchids in the SF Bay Area climate
- Learning opportunities about orchid habitat conservation
- Special activities for children, families, and adults.
A long list of respected orchid growers and vendors are confirmed to attend this weekend. They include Afri Orchids, a nursery all the way from South Africa; Ecuagenera based in Ecuador; Ten Shin Orchids from Taiwan; Cal-Orchid out of Santa Barbara; New Earth Orchids from Santa Fe, NM; and our own City College of San Francisco Environmental Horticulture/Floristry department.
In addition to the weekend festivities, a special preview night is happening on Thursday, February 23 from 6-9pm. Advance tickets are sold out, but there will be a limited quantity available at the door for $80 each. This price includes wine and small bites, Latin Jazz live music, and first pick of limited-edition orchid varietals for sale.
The Pacific Orchid Exposition takes place from 10am-5pm on Friday, Feb. 24 and Saturday, Feb. 25; and 10am-6pm on Sunday, Feb. 26. Single-day admission tickets are $12 pre-sale or $15 at the door, or you can get a weekend pass to all 3 days for $25. Seniors and students with ID can enjoy a nice discount and children 13 and under get in for free.
If you can’t make it to this weekend’s exposition, make sure you save the date for SF Orchid Society’s next event “Orchids in the Park” on July 29-30, 2023.