‘Rock-N-Stroll’ will be happening on second Saturdays through October!
If you’ve never been to Oakland’s charming Rockridge neighborhood, it is a lovely place to spend the day any weekend, but they have just announced a new series that will take it up a notch! Rockridge Rock-N-Stroll is now happening on second Saturdays, the last of which is October 9. Enjoy this awesome event all day from 10am until 6pm, with live music the entire time from a variety of acts up and down the street!
Rock-N-Stroll will feature live music, giveaways, family activities, special pop-ups, raffles, and sales at almost 30 local businesses along College Avenue. You can score everything from free plants to discounted furniture! See a full list of participating businesses here.
Some activities, sales and performances that have especially caught our attention are the following:
- Planterday (6005 College Ave)
- One free 2-inch plant with any purchase, while supplies last
- Tootsies (5525 College Ave)
- Pop-ups from Kuali Salsa, MacDaddy Cakes, Hort Culture, Maria’s Tamales, Bouquetimprov
- Right Angle Salon & Barbershop (5505 College Ave)
- Henna booth, Halloween tattoos and bubble machine for kids
- Pop-ups from local designers Eyegasmsart and Berit Block with handmade jewelry
- Bambino Thrift Shop (5290 College Ave)
- Sidewalk dance party with DJ Safetee from 10am-12pm
- Selling concert posters drawn by Bay Area artists
- Rockridge BART Plaza musical performances (5811 Keith Ave)
- Dr. Mojo: 10am – 12pm
- Pacific Boychoir: 12pm – 2pm
- Calle Ocho: 2pm – 3:30pm
- Crisis: 3:30pm – 5:30pm
Be sure to see the full list of activities here!
Don’t miss this amazing event on College Ave in Rockridge on Saturday, October 9 from 10am-6pm along College Ave in Rockridge.
Featured image: Planterday via Yelp