‘Rock-N-Stroll’ will be happening on second Saturdays through October!
If you’ve never been to Oakland’s charming Rockridge neighborhood, it is a lovely place to spend the day any weekend, but they have just announced a new series that will take it up a notch! Rockridge Rock-N-Stroll is now happening on second Saturdays, the next of which are September 11 and October 9. Enjoy this awesome event all day from 10am until 7pm, with live music the entire time from a variety of acts up and down the street!
Rock-N-Stroll will feature live music, giveaways, family activities, special pop-ups, raffles, and sales at almost 30 local businesses along College Avenue. You can score everything from free plants to discounted furniture! See a full list of participating businesses here.
Some activities, sales and performances that have especially caught our attention are the following:
- Cole Coffee Cafe (6255 College Ave)
- Henna booth
- DJ from 1-4pm
- Vita (6024 College Ave)
- Balance challenge from 11am-3pm to win a free yoga/pilates/barre class
- John Ryback and Friends performing 1pm-3pm
- Planterday (6005 College Ave)
- One free 2-inch plant with any purchase, while supplies last
- Tootsies (5525 College Ave)
- Pop-ups from 11am-4pm from Kuali Salsas, Maria’s Tamales, and MacDaddy Cakes
- Right Angle Salon & Barbershop (5505 College Ave)
- Pop-ups from local designers Eyegasms, SugarHighArt, and 24-7 Daddyhood
- Bambino Thrift Shop (5290 College Ave)
- Sidewalk dance party with DJ Safetee from 2pm-4pm
- Selling concert posters drawn by Bay Area artists
- Rockridge BART Plaza musical performances (5811 Keith Ave)
- Brother Khalil Quartet: 12pm – 2pm
- Calle Ocho: 2:30pm – 4pm
- Adrian West Band: 4pm – 5:30pm
- Crisis: 5:30pm – 7pm
Be sure to see the full list of activities here!
Don’t miss this amazing event on College Ave in Rockridge on Saturday, September 11 from 10am-7pm, as well as on October 9.
Featured image: Planterday via Yelp