Enjoy this characteristic Filipino ingredient in everything from horchata to cheesecake.
Kapwa Gardens, a new Filipino outdoor event space in SoMa, is back this weekend with an awesome culinary event! Yum Yams will present a wide selection of dishes featuring ube, a purple yam from the Philippines that’s been taking Instagram by storm for months now. The brightly-colored root vegetable has a slightly nutty, vanilla taste, making it especially delicious in desserts! You can get tickets now for this “celebration of all things ube,” happening on Sunday, July 11 from 12pm-5pm.
Here’s what you can expect to see at this ube extravaganza:
- Ensaymada bread rolls with smoked gouda ube, plus other pastries from Pinoy Heritage’s Abaca
- Ube horchata, ube Bibingka, and ube steam buns from Barya Kitchen
- Ube pan de sal, croissants, tarts, and more from the Bread Basket
- American-style ube cookies and treats from Buko Bakes
- Ube cheesecake, cupcakes, flan and more from Marley’s Treats
- Magnolia Ice Cream
- Ube sweet bread, shortbread cookies, and donuts from Suamalie Ano
- Vegan ube baked goods from Ube Mami
- Art, self-care products and more from Mandala Organic and MicheleDraws
$5 tickets to this ultimate ube festival are available both online and at the door. Each ticket covers a $1 donation to Kapwa Gardens, plus 4 credits to spend on all of these delicious ube treats!
Find Kapwa Gardens at 967 Mission St in SoMa, and enjoy Yum Yams this Sunday, July 11 from 12pm-5pm.
Featured image: Courtesy of Kapwa Gardens