Reactions range from happiness and relief to words of caution.
California passed a major milestone this week when it became the state with the lowest COVID-19 case rate in the nation. Major vaccination efforts across the state have led to over 29 million doses being administered, which means about 46% of Californians have received at least 1 dose! The CDC also recently announced that all Americans who are fully vaccinated may go maskless outdoors.
— Gavin Newsom (@GavinNewsom) April 29, 2021
We wanted to hear how San Franciscans felt about these milestones and changes, so we took to an Instagram poll to ask our followers! Here are the responses:
- “Feeling blessed”
- “Not sure yet!”
- “Vraiment bien ! 💓“ (really great!)
- “We are awesome! Thank you everyone for doing your part! I will still wear my mask though.”
- “Still feeling hesitant”
- “Fucking finally!”
- “Pretty good!!”
- “Wearing a mask is an act of support and respect ✊🏻 this is not over yet!”
- Proud of all the work Californians have done, all the sacrifice paid off.”
- “gonna be hydrochloroQUEEN for Halloween”
- “Awesome! Feeling vaccinated, feeling good! 👏🏻“
- “No way to regulate!”
- “CA is doing great but foolish to open so much w/ spikes still happening and variants”
- “Fuck yeah!!!”
- “too much too soon. v anxious”
- “no real way to let ppl know your vaccinated. them cards can easily be photoshopped”
- “Best news! Love to hear it”
- “Still wear a mask. I don’t want people to think I’m a Republican”
- “Progress is great, but I will still be wearing masks”
- “I don’t like it coz the anti maskers who are often anti vaxxers will use this as an excuse to go maskless”
- “Covid progress in CA = 🐱🐱🐱🐱🐱👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 but so worried and sad for India.”
Clearly, there are some mixed feelings out there, but you can’t deny that it’s encouraging to see numbers going down! San Francisco is due to enter the yellow tier soon, which means we’ll see many more venues opening up as capacity increases. It’ll be up to San Franciscans to keep the numbers where they are and choose their maskless activities wisely.
What do you think?
[Featured Image: Unsplash]