Heads up, beer fans! California Craft Beer Week (CCBW) is set to take over hundreds of tap rooms and breweries from July 15-24. The Bay Area is coming out in full force with plenty of fun and interesting activities, specials, and events. This is your chance to support local breweries and enjoy the best beers California has to offer.
The Bay Area’s remaining lineup of activities includes the following:
Parties, performances, and live music
- 7/21 – Open Mic Night & Live Music at Crooked Goat (Sebastopol)
- 7/23 – Errybody & Their Mama Beer Fest at Hella Coastal (Berkeley)
- 7/23 – Session Fest at Drake’s (Oakland)
- 7/23 – Comedy Under the Tent at Iron Ox (Santa Rosa)
- 7/24 – Tasty Teaze: A Burlesque & Drag Brunch at Greater Purpose (Santa Cruz)
- 7/19 – Paints + Pints at Buck Wild (Oakland)
- 7/20 – Spent Grain Bread Making Class at Shadow Puppet (Livermore)
- 7/21 – Third Thursdays Runs at Ocean View (Albany)
In addition to these activities and events, a selection of breweries will be releasing special new creations. The CCBA Brewers Collaboration Beer is the biggest such release, as it’s backed by dozens of high-profile breweries across California and proceeds will go to support the local industry.
CCBW is an opportunity for the state’s pervasive craft beer scene to dust itself off following the pandemic. The California Craft Brewers Association, regional brewers’ guilds, and hundreds of independent breweries have collaborated across the state in order to do so, with the help of Whole Foods as a sponsor.
This week-long celebration is an opportunity to promote local craft products, with an emphasis on keeping the state’s craft beer scene within the realm of local jobs, local causes, and the local economy. California is known to be the birthplace of the American craft brewing movement, now boasting over 1,150 operating breweries, 65,000 jobs, and $9.66 billion contributed annually to the state economy.Learn more about California Craft Beer Week here.
Featured image: Photo by Fred Moon on Unsplash