Heads up, beer fans! California Craft Beer Week (CCBW) is set to take over hundreds of tap rooms and breweries from July 21-30, 2023. The Bay Area is coming out in full force with plenty of fun and interesting activities, specials, and events. This is your chance to support local breweries and enjoy the best beers California has to offer.
The Bay Area’s lineup of activities includes the following:
Parties, performances, and live music
- July 28 – Jerry Day IPA Release Party at Harmonic (Dogpatch)
- July 29 – Seafood Boil at Mare Island – Coal Shed
- July 29 – Jam in July Block Party at Altamont
- July 29 – Parks for All: Brewfest at Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy
- July 29 – 4th Anniversary party at Fruition
- July 30 – Beer & Yoga at Cooperage
- July 30 – Flower Therapy: Vase Arranging Workshop at HenHouse – Palace of Barrels
- July 30 – Beer Guy Trivia at True Symmetry
- July 30 – Hoppy Tails with the SF SPCA at Harmonic – Dogpatch
In addition to these activities and events, a selection of breweries will be releasing special new creations. The CCBA Brewers Collaboration Beer is the biggest such release, as it’s backed by dozens of high-profile breweries across California and proceeds will go to support the local industry.
CCBW is an opportunity for the state’s pervasive craft beer scene to dust itself off following the pandemic. The California Craft Brewers Association, regional brewers’ guilds, and hundreds of independent breweries have collaborated across the state in order to do so.
This week-long celebration is an opportunity to promote local craft products, with an emphasis on keeping the state’s craft beer scene within the realm of local jobs, local causes, and the local economy. California is known to be the birthplace of the American craft brewing movement, now boasting over 1,150 operating breweries, 65,000 jobs, and $9.66 billion contributed annually to the state economy.Learn more about California Craft Beer Week here.
Featured image: Photo by Fred Moon on Unsplash