When’s the last time you paid a visit to San Francisco’s amazing Fort Mason Center? The popular art center hosts numerous exhibitions and events throughout the year, and there are some special ones coming up.
Festivals and markets
- Fort Mason Center Farmers Market (recurring Sundays) – The Fort Mason Center For Arts & Culture (FMCAC) Farmers Market with over 35 vendors selling fresh local produce and products from 9:30am-1:30pm.
- Off The Grid: Fort Mason Center (recurring Fridays, Mar. 24-June 23) – This is California’s largest weekly food truck event, the only such market featuring a full bar and live music all season long. The free events bring dozens of gourmet food trucks to the Fort Mason Center parking lot from 5-10pm on Friday evenings.
- Headlands Center for the Arts Benefit Art Auction 2023 (June 6) – A large art auction at the Fort Mason Center Festival Pavilion.
- West Coast Craft (June 10-11, July 15, 29) – Save the dates for these highly-anticipated spring and summer craft markets celebrating the west coast lifestyle and aesthetic.
- Summer Solstice Celebration and Art Walk (June 21) – Check out pop-up artist and curator talks throughout the Fort Mason galleries, plus a performance by Sara Shelton Mann and Jesse Zaritt.
- Elemental (through May 27) – An upcoming exhibitiona the Haines Gallery showcasing 4 west coast photographers: John Chiara, Binh Danh, Chris McCaw, and Meghann Riepenhoff.
- Christo Oropeza: Aun así, pienso en ti (through May 30) – A mural painting plays homage to Fort Mason’s military and social history in the corridor gallery.
- Forecast 2023 (through Aug 5) – SF Camerawork’s annual exhibition of work from emerging artists around the world.
- David Simpson: Smoke and Mirrors (June 2-Aug 23) – An acrylic painting exhibition at Haines Gallery.
- BRAVO: Celebration SF Opera: Its Italian Roots and Legacy (through Oct 22) – The Museo Italo Americano presents a documentary exhibition showcasing the Italian roots of SF Opera.
- SF Fall Show (Oct 12-15) – The longest-running arts, antiques, and design fair on the west coast. See precious objects displayed in stylized rooms created by U.S. and international dealers.
Concerts, performances, and talks
- Magic Theatre Season 2023: The N* Lovers (through May 28) – Composer, songwriter, and performer Marc Anthony Thompson tells the story of a couple escaping slavery from Georgia to Boston.
- Magic Theatre: Josephine’s Feast by Star Finch (Aug 2-20) – Magic Theatre and Campo Santo present Josephine’s Feast about a Black mother confronting a changing future.
- St John Will I Am Coltrane African Orthodox Church at Magic Theatre (Sundays through Sept. 28) – Lively church service with meditation service every first Sunday.
- Greens Restaurant Prix Fixe and dinner series (through June 24) – Indulge in Saturday night prix fixe dinners and more special meals at Greens.
About Fort Mason Center
Fort Mason Center For Arts & Culture pushes the envelope with rotating art exhibitions, theater and dance performances, movie nights, and educational and cultural classes at its waterside campus. The center also hosts two dozen nonprofit organizations and supports them with annual grants, so as to continue producing the compelling, innovative works that the center has come to be known for.
Keep an eye on the Fort Mason Center calendar for more upcoming events, many of which are free to attend! You can find the Fort Mason Center at 2 Marina Boulevard along the northern waterfront of San Francisco between Aquatic Park and Marina Green.