San Francisco truly comes to life during the holidays with concerts, light displays, tree lightings, and more. One of the coziest escapes in the city is Ghirardelli Square, which is a must for shoppers on any day of the year, but turns up the charm during the holidays. Read on for a summary of events and activations happening there through December, from Christmas movie screenings to DIY crafts and live concerts.
Bring a lawn chair and a blanket to enjoy these free movie screenings in Fountain Plaza. Arrive by 6:30pm to snag your choice of two Ghirardelli hot cocoas and cookies for a discounted price of $12.
- The Grinch (Dec. 12, 7-9pm)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (Dec. 17, 7-9pm)
- Elf (Dec. 19, 7-9pm)
Concerts and entertainment
- JCCSF’s Glowing Hanukkah Party (Dec. 18, 3-6pm) – A free family-friendly event with live music, crafts, and games to celebrate Hanukkah.
- MeloDious’s Live Holiday Concert (Dec. 22, 7-9pm) – Local band MeloDious performs a holiday concert in Fountain Plaza.
- Music in the Square (Fridays, 3-6pm) – A rotating lineup of local artists perform live music in Fountain Plaza.
Crafts and activities
- Photos with Santa – Snap a photo with Santa by the Ghirardelli Christmas tree.
- Gigi & Rosie’s Ornament Decorating Workshop (Dec. 13, 5-7pm) – A free ornament decorating workshop hosted by SF Etsy at Gigi & Rosie.
- Pixie Pop Ups (Dec. 14 & Dec. 21, 4-7pm) – Receive a free flower arrangement from Pixie Pop Ups with any $50 purchase at Ghirardelli Square’s retail stores.
- Lola’s DIY Card Decorating Station (Dec. 14, 4-7pm) – A free holiday card decoration event hosted by SF Etsy at Lola.
- Jackson & Polk’s DIY Mistletoe Making (Dec. 15, 5-7pm) – A free mistletoe-making activity with a free glass of wine on Jackson & Polk’s outdoor patio (wine only for those 21+ with ID).
- VomFass Mulled Wine Tasting (Dec. 20, 1-6pm) – Enjoy free samples from VomFass’s first batch of mulled wine handmade in-store (only for those 21+ with ID).