The holidays are here and San Francisco has come to life with countless light displays, glittering holiday trees, craft markets, and more. If you’re feeling stuck when it comes to gift shopping, consider giving an unforgettable experience to your friends and family. These immersive experiences, unique concerts, and food excursions are at the top of our wish list — read on to get inspired.
The magical Candlelight concert series has delighted audiences around the world, from Barcelona to Paris to NYC. Here in the Bay Area we’re lucky to experience these stunning classical concerts in intimate venues such as SF’s St. Ignatius Church and Grace Cathedral, as well as Oakland’s Chabot Space & Science Center. See these stunning spaces transformed with the addition of hundreds of flameless candles while you enjoy classical music performed by a string quartet. Below are some holiday experiences we’re especially excited about, but a Candlelight gift card also makes for a great present if you’re unsure what to choose.
- Candlelight: Holiday Special feat. The Nutracker and more – Dec. 9 & 13 at St. Ignatius Church in San Francisco
- Candlelight Oakland: Holiday Special feat. The Nutcracker and more – Dec. 21 at Chabot Space & Science Center in Oakland
Richmond’s Craneway Pavilion recently welcomed Space Explorers: THE INFINITE, an exciting virtual reality space adventure. The acclaimed experience uses EMMY award-winning film footage to recreate the International Space Station, where you can interact with other guests in the form of avatars. After 60 magical minutes in this hyper-realistic journey in outer space, guests can then explore the work of Japanese artist Ryoji Ikeda, whose eclectic art pieces make for the perfect photo op.
Richmond’s Craneway Pavilion has welcomed this poignant VR experience by five-time Academy Award-winning director Alejandro G. Iñárritu. CARNE y ARENA explores true stories of refugees, giving guests a unique way to witness their personal journeys on a visceral level. See how virtual reality can blur the lines between subject and bystander for this one-of-a-kind experience.
After a successful run in Chicago, New York, Toronto, D.C., and Denver, the FRIENDS™ Experience has arrived in San Francisco! Explore true-to-life set recreations from the beloved show and step into the shoes of your favorite characters for a truly sentimental getaway at 150 Powell Street in SF.
Experience an art gallery like no other at San Francisco’s Verse: Art of the Future. The one-of-a-kind augmented reality experience will transform the space around you into a compelling exhibition of glimmering, shifting, and dynamic NFT artworks. You’ll see spectacular holograms and famous pieces from some of the metaverse’s top-selling artists at SF’s Palace of Fine Arts.
San Francisco’s Palace of Fine Arts transforms into a one-of-a-kind mythical petting zoo at this unique augmented reality experience. The Impossible Zoo is a magical world created through special holographic headsets, which allow you to interact with unicorns, dragons, and more whimsical creatures. Follow an extraordinary interactive quest with high-definition graphics that feels like a real-life video game.
For the cinephile in your life, the AMC Black Ticket grants admission to any 2D movie at any time in participating AMC Theatres®. Take advantage of this discounted price for a movie ticket that never expires, so you can save it for a rainy day or catch the next big blockbuster.
Give the gift of an unforgettable New Year’s Eve party with tickets to this ultimate SF bar crawl on December 31st. Don your most festive 2023 outfit and enjoy admission-free entry to participating bars, plus drink specials and endless champagne toasts.
For the foodie in your life, take a look through these fun culinary experiences in San Francisco, ranging from cooking classes to romantic meals on a Bay cruise.
- Handmade Pasta 101: Learn to make hand-cut papardelle pasta with an expert chef.
- North Beach Culinary Experience: Explore the culinary history of SF’s Italian neighborhood on this insider food tour through 4 spectacular restaurants.
- Champagne Brunch: Indulge in a brunch buffet with bottomless mimosas and live music aboard a two-hour yacht cruise of the SF Bay.
- Dinner Dance Cruise: Enjoy a luxurious 4-course meal and live music aboard an SF Bay cruise at sunset.
Feel the rush of adventure on these boat tours of San Francisco Bay, plus some indoor skydiving for the thrill-seeker in your life.
- America’s Cup Day Sailing Adventure: A thrilling 2.5-hour sail aboard the USA 76, a racing yacht from the International America’s Cup.
- Bay Sunset Catamaran Cruise: Journey through the Bay on this 1.5-hour sunset voyage with an audio guide.
- Escape from the Rock: Bay Cruise: A 1.5-hour cruise under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz Island, complete with an audio guide telling about famous escape attempts from the prison.
- Indoor Skydiving: Float in an 800-horsepower vertical wind tunnel at iFLY San Francisco Bay.
Bonus: Fever gift card
Still not sure what to gift your loved ones during the holidays? You can’t go wrong with the gift of opportunity! Snag a Fever gift card (or two, or three) so that your giftees can effectively choose their own adventure among the memorable experiences we’ve outlined in this list (plus many more). The gift cards are valid for one year on all Fever experiences, from Candlelight concerts to multi-course meals.
Cheers to a happy holiday season and a fantastic start to 2023!