NightLife at the California Academy of Sciences is one of our favorite ongoing events, and we’re thrilled to see more of these awesome themed soirees on the calendar! The popular Thursday night festivities feature live DJs, outdoor bars, ambience lighting, and more alongside the Academy’s nearly 40,000 animal residents.
Here’s what’s on the docket this month:
- Jan. 26 – NightLife: Lunar Underground – Ring in the Lunar New Year with a tattoo pop-up, mahjong parlor, and local eats.
- Feb. 2 – NightLife with Cafe Ohlone – Enjoy food, teas, and cocktails using traditional Ohlone ingredients while learning from Cafe Ohlone co-founders Vincent Medina and Louis Trevino.
- Feb. 9 – NightLife – no set theme.
- Feb. 16 – NightLife: Noise Pop – Party it up for Noise Pop Music Fest’s 30th anniversary.
- Feb. 23 – NightLife of Tomorrow – Explore futuristic art and science.
- Mar. 2 – NightLife – no set theme.
At these adults-only (21+) events, guests can experience the Academy in a whole new light. Explore the four-story Osher Rainforest aflutter with free-flying birds and butterflies (last entry 7:30pm), or the enormous living Philippine Coral Reef, one of the largest such exhibits in the world. Morrison Planetarium is also available with four showtimes, which you can attend with a $5 Planetarium pass. Don’t forget to pay a visit to Claude the albino alligator before enjoying a craft cocktail and small bites on the West Garden outdoor patio.
Be sure to book your NightLife ticket ASAP, as tickets often sell out! Prices vary between $15-22 and Planetarium passes cost another $5.
The Academy of Sciences has some of the most advanced research facilities and fascinating exhibits in the world. If you haven’t been to the Academy (or if, like us, it’s been way too long since your last visit), there’s no limit to the amazing experiences you can have.
Find the Academy of Sciences at 55 Music Concourse Drive in San Francisco’s Golden Gate Park.