Oktoberfest 2022 is here and there are plenty of opportunities in the Bay Area to eat, drink, and party like a German.
Oktoberfest started in Munich, Germany in 1810 to celebrate the wedding of the crown prince of Bavaria. Though Munich is still home to the most famous festival, Oktoberfest is celebrated across the globe and is synonymous with beer-fueled parties, traditional German garb, and general frivolity. Simply put, Oktoberfest is a very fun time.
Whether or not you plan to don the traditional lederhosen or dirndl, there are plenty of Oktoberfest celebrations to enjoy in the Bay Area.
Saturday, September 24th
- WoodsFest: Oktoberfest Party and Beer Release – Treasure Island, San Francisco
- Oktoberfest Fest! at Temescal Brewing – Oakland
- Oktoberfest in Jack London at Tiger’s Taproom – Oakland
Saturday, October 1st, and Sunday, October 2nd
- Oaktoberfest Craft Beer Festival – Oakland
Saturday, October 7th
Saturday, October 15th
- Oktoberfest By The Beach at the Irish Cultural Center – San Francisco
Daily through October 2: Radhaus
Not to be outdone, Radhaus in SF’s Fort Mason is celebrating every single day of Oktoberfest with special events, gifts, and discounts.
Featured image: @schroederssf via Instagram