The Golden Gate Park Band will perform everything from Disney/Pixar soundtracks to Irish cultural music.
San Franciscans have been treated to wonderful free Sunday concerts in Golden Gate Park for 139 years. We’re stoked to hear that the Golden Gate Park Band is back for their 2021 season, running from August 1 through October 3!
The concerts begin each Sunday around 1pm and end between 2:30pm and 2:45pm. You can find them at the Spreckles Temple of Music in the Music Concourse, which is next to the CA Academy of Sciences.
Here’s the season lineup, which is subject to change:
- August 1—Welcome Back Concert
- August 8—Video game music and more
- August 15—Hungarian Cultural Celebration
- August 22—Ukrainian Cultural Celebration
- August 29—The Music of Disney/Pixar
- September 5-6—Labor Day Celebration
- September 12—Movies and more
- September 19—Irish Cultural Celebration
- September 26—Jazz, America’s Music
- October 3—Season Finale
All cultural performances will feature dancers, performers, singers and speakers to educate about that culture’s specific music! Each unique concert is sure to bring a special new sound to the Music Concourse.
These free, public concerts have been a fixture in Golden Gate Park for over a century. Make sure to mark your calendar for your favorite ones, and keep an eye on the concert website for changes and updates.
Featured image: David Vives via Unsplash