The Valencia Corridor Merchants Association will once again pedestrianize Valencia Street for some epic weekly block parties in the Mission. Enjoy car-free Valencia between 18th and 21st Streets from 2pm-9pm on Saturdays, now through November 18, 2023.
Noise Pop’s Summer of Music presents live musical performances from 2-5pm during these Saturday street closures, making for a pleasant backdrop to the activations lining the street. Visitors can walk, roll, or skate through the empty Valencia Corridor while patronizing local businesses and pop-ups along the way.
While specific activations for these Saturday block parties are still TBA, the Valencia Corridor put out a call on Facebook requesting ideas or suggestions.
Valencia Street businesses
Valencia Street is a popular destination in the Mission District just a few blocks from Dolores Park. The street closure between 18th and 21st Streets will give you car-free access to visit some of the neighborhood’s most popular restaurants and stores. Here are some of our favorites:
Valencia Street restaurants, bars, and food
- Yellow Moto Pizzeria (702 Valencia): This popular pizza restaurant recently ranked in the top 50 best pizzerias in the US.
- Dandelion Chocolates (740 Valencia): Get their popular hot chocolate with a cookie to warm up or decadent frozen mocha to cool down.
- Tacolicious (741 Valencia): Enjoy a “San Francisco point of view” on Mexican food as well as creative cocktails.
- Souvla (758 Valencia): This popular, casual Greek restaurant serves delicious roasted meat sandwiches.
- Etcetera Wine Bar (795 Valencia): Indulge in a worldly wine selection and decadent tapas.
- The Beehive (842 Valencia): A ’60s-inspired cocktail bar with funky cocktails in a retro lounge.
- Loló (974 Valencia): This Mexican restaurant showcases some of the finest mezcals and agave-based selections in the city.
- Señor Sisig (990 Valencia): Enjoy “world-famous Filipino fusion flavor” with a simple menu including fries, nachos, tacos, and burritos.
Valencia Street stores, galleries, and other businesses
- Bernal Cutlery (766 Valencia): A Mission District hidden gem where both professional chefs and home cooks can find their next favorite knife.
- The Chapel (777 Valencia): This popular live music venue is a converted church with giant vaulted ceilings. Catch a show after you day out on Valencia Street!
- Rossi Mission (791 Valencia): A wild and colorful art gallery where you can shop for art, clothing, and gifts.
- 826 Valencia Pirate Supply Store (826 Valencia): This one-of-a-kind store sells pirate supplies and clothing to support its nonprofit kids’ writing center.
- Super Simple (855 Valencia): A sleek and comfortable home decor store with a fantastic selection of handmade minimalist products with character.
- Dog Eared Books (900 Valencia): This SF institution specializing in small press and local literature as been around since 1992.