The 2022 World Cup is fast approaching and SF is hosting free viewing events across town. The non-profit Street Soccer USA has partnered with the City of San Francisco to create free World Cup viewing events in several locations including The Crossing at East Cut, Union Square, JFK Promenade, and Civic Center.
SF’s World Cup Village kicks off on Monday, November 21st, and will include food trucks, local merchants, performances, live music, and other activities. During these early morning games, food trucks will offer breakfast options alongside beer gardens and other drinks. Attendees can expect each event to offer a festive and family-friendly environment with the goal of celebrating the cultural diversity and vibrancy of SF, according to organizers.
Monday, November 21st
- Senegal vs. Netherlands, 8am at The Crossing at East Cut
- USA vs. Wales, 11am at The Crossing at East Cut
Friday, November 25th
- Netherlands vs. Ecuador, 8am at Union Square
- USA vs. England, 11am at Union Square
Saturday, November 26th
- France vs. Denmark, 8am at Union Square
- Argentina vs. Mexico, 11am at Union Square
Sunday, November 27th
- Croatia vs. Canada, 8am at Union Square
- Spain vs. Germany, 11am at Union Square
Tuesday, November 27th
- USA vs. Iran, 11am at The Crossing at East Cut
Check out the World Cup SF schedule for updates.
Featured image: Courtesy of World Cup SF