Yelp San Francisco is putting on an exciting new promotion this May for Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month. Check out Asian-Owned San Francisco from May 1-31, 2023, where anyone with a Yelp account can enjoy a great lineup of free or discounted events, giveaways, and check-in offers from Asian-owned businesses. Guests can win prizes, admission to free events, meals, discounts, and more by simply checking in on various restaurants’ Yelp pages or by RSVPing for events. Read on for a roundup of everything going on this May!
Certain SF businesses will host exclusive events at their storefronts where Yelpers can enjoy free and discounted menu items. Make sure you read the conditions for each event and RSVP, as you must be on the guest list to attend.
- Noren Izakaya – May 1-21 – Three free skewers and a cocktail or specialty sake shot.
- Trad Bone Broth – May 1-21 – One free medium drink of either sipping broth or a specialty drink.
- Kagawa-ya Udon – May 2 – One free udon bowl, appetizer, and soft drink (Yelp Elite Event).
- Rooster & Rice x Ting’s Chips x Sans – May 4 – One free Rooster & Rice entree, Sans beverage, and Ting’s Chips sample.
- New Delhi Restaurant x Reddy2dance – May 6 – Free Bollywood dance party and Indian champagne brunch.
- Plant Therapy x munchrooms x Plant Botanical – May 11 – Free hands-on plant workshop with small plant to take home, plus samples of munchrooms mushrooms jerky and Plant Botanical vodka seltzers.
- 30th Taiwanese American Cultural Festival – May 13 at Union Square – A free public event celebrating Taiwanese culture, food, and entertainment.
Check in on the Yelp page of participating businesses and earn a discount!
- Chic n’ Time – 15% off
- New Delhi Restaurant – 20% off
- The One Restaurant & Bar: 15% off menu items
- Palette Tea House: free 3-piece pork soup dumpling with your order. Weekdays only, one per table.
- Third Culture Bakery (Irving St): 20% off
- Uncle Tito – free ube buns dessert with your order
There are even more ways to celebrate API Heritage Month in SF this May. Here are a few more happenings to put on your radar.
- ILCHA – Dinner experience givewaway for two ($150 value) – Details TBA.
- Beyond Bollywood: 2000 Years of Dance in Art – through July 10, 2023 at the Asian Art Museum – A new exhibition celebrating the power of dance in India, Southeast Asia, and the Himalayas. .