After Zanze’s closed operations last year, we thought we might never again enjoy these delicious fluffy pastries!
If you’ve been in San Francisco long enough, you’re probably familiar with the legendary bakery Zanze’s Cheesecakes. It’s owned by 88-year-old Sam Zanze, who has helmed the popular spot for over 40 years! After he paused operations in 2020 due to Covid while trying to go wholesale, he is once again producing the amazing cheesecakes alongside his wife Joyce, according to the Chronicle.
Here’s where you can now get Zanze’s famous cheesecakes in San Francisco:
- Location: 635 Portola Drive
- Hours: 7am-9pm daily
- Find the cheesecakes in the frozen aisle!
- Location: 7000 Geary Blvd.
- Hours: 4:30pm-8:30pm Wednesday-Sunday
- Location: 429 Stockton St.
- Hours: 5pm-9pm Sunday, Wednesday & Thursdsay; 5pm-10pm Friday & Saturday
- Location: 33 W Portal Ave
- Hours: 11am-10pm daily
All cheesecakes are available in the plain flavor only, which has a faint lemon flavor and includes graham cracker crumbs on top. They’re also gluten-free! San Franciscans are obsessed with these amazing creations, but don’t take our word for it:
Be sure to find these light and fluffy creations around San Francisco, and keep an eye out as we may be seeing Zanze’s Cheesecake on more menus in the future!
Featured image: Rachel Y. via Yelp