When it comes to holiday light displays in the Bay Area, it’s hard to beat this enormous Christmas maze and ice skating rink in San Jose. Enchant San Jose will soon take over PayPal Park, and it’s the place to be if you (like us) have caught an extreme case of holiday cheer.
Enchant is essentially a massive glittering winter wonderland rife with photo opportunities and fun activities. Explore a giant glowing light maze with larger-than-life reindeer, a 100-foot Christmas tree, and endless interactive elements.
In addition to the maze, be sure to take a spin on Enchant’s unique ice skating rink which is made to resemble an illuminated forest. Forget the traditional round ice rink and instead skate through this lovely ice trail with fantastic photo ops.
This year Enchant San Jose will host a series of special themed nights. Here are some dates to keep in mind:
- Dec. 3 – Paws n’ Claus – Bring your dog to explore the Christmas maze and give a full-belly meal to a shelter dog.
- Dec. 7 – Military Night – Honor and salute our military veterans at Enchant.
- Dec. 10 – Ugly Sweater Night – You already know!
- Dec. 14, 21 – Ladies Night – Enjoy a merry night out with your girlfriends.
- Dec. 15, 28 – College Night – Rep your college at these evening events dedicated to local college students and faculty.
Tickets to Enchant start at $38 for adults and $28.50 for children, but take a good look at the website for reduced-price ticket opportunities including a family 4-pack, group packages, military discounts, and night owl tickets.
After you’ve skated your heart out, you can go shopping for artisan gifts at the Village while sipping on seasonal beverages in Enchant’s signature lightbulb-shaped cup. Snack on gourmet s’mores and holiday donuts while enjoying live entertainment.
Enchant started in Vancouver back in 2016 and has since appeared in a variety of major U.S. cities including Las Vegas, Nashville, and Washington, D.C. The San Jose event is happening now at PayPal Park, but there’s another Enchant winter wonderland also happening now in Sacramento in Sutter Health Park.