Happy Friday! Below are some of our favorite things to do in the San Francisco Bay Area this weekend. We put out awesome new SF weekend plans for you every week, so you’ll always have something to do on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
If you’re looking for more inspiration, be sure to check out the best temporary museum exhibitions in SF, our favorite free things to do in the Bay, and essential events for your 2023 calendar.
1. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at these pub crawls and parties
St. Patrick’s Day is here and we’re not about to miss a party! Here’s where to find the luck of the Irish this weekend:
- Mar. 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Celebration with UICC
- Mar. 17: St. Patrick’s Day on the Roof at Hotel VIA
- Mar. 17: Dancing Queen: ABBA Glitter Disco St. Patrick’s Day at The Great Northern
- Mar. 17 – St. Patrick’s Day Blue’s Party at Kennedy’s Irish Pub
- Mar. 17 – St. Patrick’s Day at Love + Propaganda
- Mar. 17-18: LepraCon St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl
- Mar. 17-18: Shamrock Stroll St. Paddy’s Day Pub Crawl
- Mar. 17-18: Kiss Me I’m Irish St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl
- Mar. 17-18: Lucky’s St. Patrick’s Day Crawl
2. 100+ vendors take over Fort Mason for an epic craft fair this weekend
West Coast Craft is the ultimate celebration of artisans specializing in the west coast lifestyle and aesthetic. The massive and highly-anticipated craft fair comes to San Francisco three different times in 2023 and this weekend is the first! After being postponed a week due to rain, the event will happen on Saturday, March 18 from 10am-3pm. It’s free and open to the public, and there will be food and drink vendors on site to keep you going!
3. Where to look for cherry blossoms in and around San Francisco
Spring in the Bay Area brings a slew of captivating flower blooms, from tulips at Golden Gate Park to the almond blossoms throughout Central California. Cherry blossoms are up next, with peak bloom time usually happening in March and April.
4. 37 marvelous things to do this March in the Bay Area
Spring is around the corner and we just can’t wait! Read on for some of the best things to do this March in San Francisco and the Bay Area. You’ve got to put some of these ideas on your calendar ASAP.
- Activities at the Ferry Building
- Free Bandshell concerts
- Wine tasting in Berkeley
- And more
5. 22 activities for a glorious day in North Beach
North Beach is the historic home of SF’s notoriously bawdy Barbary Coast, some of the city’s oldest bars, and the seat of Beatnik culture. It’s also a historically Italian neighborhood and home to cafes, bakeries, bars, and other historic haunts started by homesick Italians. Here are our picks for an incredible visit to North Beach.
Have a great weekend, SF!