The Bill Graham Menorah Project is gearing up for its 48th annual giant menorah lighting and display! A 25-foot menorah will glow over Union Square every night of Hanukkah, from December 7-14, 2023.
On the fourth night, you can enjoy fun activities, food, music and more for “Bill Graham Menorah Day” from 2-6pm. This celebration will accompany the fourth lighting ceremony at 4:45pm. Enjoy a variety of kids’ crafts and entertainment.
Bill Graham Menorah 2023 lighting ceremony schedule
- Dec. 7 – 3:30pm gathering and live music; 5pm first lighting ceremony
- Dec. 8 – 2:30pm second lighting ceremony
- Dec. 9 – 8pm gathering and live music; 8:30pm third lighting ceremony
- Dec. 10 – Bill Graham Menorah Day
- 2-4:45pm: Dreidel House Kids Crafts
- 2pm: Children’s entertainment with Isaac Zones
- 3pm: SHAMATI with Greg Anton of Zero
- 4:45pm: Fourth lighting ceremony
- 6pm: End of event
- Dec. 11 – 4:30pm gathering and live music; 5pm fifth lighting ceremony
- Dec. 12 – 4:30pm gathering and live music; 5pm sixth lighting ceremony
- Dec. 13 – 4:30pm gathering and live music; 5pm seventh lighting ceremony
- Dec. 14 – 4pm gathering and live music; 5pm eighth lighting ceremony
This enormous menorah first went up in Union Square in 1975, making it the first large public menorah and celebration outside of Israel. That first lighting drew over 1,000 people to the event, and since then it’s inspired thousands of other large menorah displays around the world.
Make sure to check out the Bill Graham Menorah Project at Union Square from December 7-14, 2023 in San Francisco.