We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – San Francisco is a city of foodies. When it comes to excellent high-quality food, amazing ambiance, and delicious cocktails, you really can’t go wrong. We’ve put together dozens of roundups this year, many of them food- and drink-related, but we’ve done our best to round up the roundups! Here are our 10 favorites, many of which were a hit with our readers. Make sure you click on the link to the article itself for full details about each spot.
While you’re at it, don’t forget to check out our favorite secret spots from this year!
1. The 10 highest-rated restaurants in San Francisco, according to Google Reviews
We used the Top-Rated.online tool to filter Google reviews from best to worst. After cross-referencing with updated info (more reviews have been left since the list was compiled), these are the top 10 most highly-rated restaurants in the city. Click here to see the full list.
2. 10 excellent late-night food spots recommended by San Franciscans, for San Franciscans
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. That is, the tough wolf down six donuts in a row after a night out on the town. Do you know where to find an open kitchen after midnight in San Francisco? Discover the full list here.
3. 7 marvelous rooftop bars to check out in San Francisco
Everyone knows that rooftops in San Francisco are few and far between, but we managed to round up some stellar spots to try out when you’re looking to grab dinner or drinks with a view. See the full list here.
4. 10 superb bakeries recommended by San Franciscans, for San Franciscans
San Franciscans with a sweet tooth have it easy in this glorious city, because SF bakeries absolutely do not mess around. We’re talking enormous flaky croissants, meticulously decorated cakes, buttery danishes, sweet and simple tarts, savory empanadas, SF-style sourdough bread, and basically anything else you can imagine. See the full list here.
5. 10 of San Francisco’s most affordable Michelin-starred restaurants
Now, we all love a good, cheap burrito or slice of pizza, but SF’s high-class culinary scene has some awesome gems as well. If you’re looking to treat yourself to a Michelin-starred meal, we’ve put together a list of the most affordable restaurants in San Francisco that have made it into the coveted Michelin Guide. See the full list here.
6. 10 romantic restaurants with outdoor patios in SF
The perfect romantic date spot can take a variety of forms, but a night of upscale dining al fresco is a classic go-to. These 10 restaurants have magical outdoor patios to enjoy a variety of delicious food options, creative cocktails, and much more. Here’s the full list.
7. Here’s the scoop: 10 must-try ice cream shops in San Francisco
Listen, for a true ice cream fan, it doesn’t matter what season it is – ice cream can be the ultimate treat all year round. See if your favorite made the list here.
8. 10 bountiful farmers’ markets to visit this weekend
Farmers’ markets are a must for countless SF residents who enjoy getting their food from local sources. Be sure to stop by these 10 fantastic farmers’ markets, located all around the city and bringing new, fresh produce to you every weekend. Discover the full list here.
- Alemany Farmers’ Market
- Ferry Plaza Farmers’ Market
- Heart of the City Farmers’ Market
- Outer Sunset Farmers’ Market
9. 10 weird and wonderful menu items to try at least once in SF
Who’s hungry?! With all the creative people living in this amazing city, San Francisco has an enormous amount of unique and delicious food to offer. Read on to learn all about the weird, wacky, and wonderful menu items in San Francisco that you have got to try at least once. See the full list here.
- Doomsday sandwich from Ike’s Sandwiches
- Grasshopper tacos from La Oaxaqueña
- Ube sourdough from Rize Up Sourdough
- Matcha soft serve with edible gold from Matcha Cafe Maiko
10. 10 awesome SF brunch spots with outdoor seating
Some would argue that brunch is the most important meal of the day. Be sure to get your recommended daily allowance of crispy bacon, fluffy pancakes, mimosas, and egg scrambles at these 10 spectacular brunch spots around the city. See the full list here.
Featured image: @liholihoyachtclub via Instagram